Railways is soon going to announce new improved techniques to reduce the accidents. The news was confirmed by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal. Under the improvement, existing signalling system will be made hi-tech by use of TPWS – Train protection and Warning System and Mobile Train Radio Communication (MTRC).
- 5000 unmanned level crossings will be eliminated in a time bound manner.
- Renewal of new lines will be done on priority basis.
- To enhance security features, CCTV cameras will be installed in coaches and at stations for enhanced security.
- RPF staff and TTEs personnel are advised to be in uniforms while on duty to improve the transparency level in the system.
- A target gas been set to electrify rail tracks within next 4-5 years. It will also help in reducing energy consumption and saving of energy over 10,000 crore.
- Reduction in Pollution and dependence on imported diesel will be reduced.
48 trains will be converted from mail express to the super fast.