In order to boost aviation sector in Haryana, an MoU was signed between Haryana Government and Airport Authority of India (AAI) on 14 December, 2017 at Delhi. The motive of MoU between AAI and Haryana Govt. is to develop an International Aviation Hub at Hisar. State has reserved a land of 4,200 acres for the project.
On behalf of Haryana, the Mou was signed by Ashok Sangwan and on behalf of the AAI it was signed by business head of management Anil Kumar Gupta. Here is all info regarding this Haryana State Current Affair:
State government of Haryana has reserved a 4200 acres land for the project development and a Joint Working Group has also been constituted that will provide guidance and suggestions to the State in developing the hub.
Here are the facilities to be provided:
- A 9,000-feet runway will be developed.
- An Airport as per international standards is to be build under the project
- Large parking for airlines as well as for general aviation operators.
- Proper Maintenance and repair facilities will be there.
- An aerospace university will also be there.
- Global training centre will be established for pilots, engineers and ground staff.
As per the spokesperson, a large apron, small passenger terminal and three hangars to accommodate A320 aircraft are being expedited for implementation of UDAN II at the Hisar Airport in the interim. A part from that planning and developing of a future-ready infrastructure for aviation activities in Bhiwani, Narnaul, Pinjore and Karnal is also under process.