PSPCL Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2017-18
Dear aspirants, Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) has issued notification for recruitment of Junior engineer Electrical, SSA, Typist or Lower Division Clerk (LDC) in the department. As the last date to apply was 11 January, 2018. Many candidates have applied for the vacancies and now are now looking for detailed Syllabus for PSPCL exam. Here in this post, we will be providing you the exact PSPCL exam pattern with full syllabus so that you can take your preparations in the right direction. You can download Pspcl Syllabus & Exam pattern through the link provided below in this post.
About PSPCL recruitment 2017-18
The PSPCL department has been recruiting for various posts as under:
|Total Number of Posts||853|
|Name Of the Posts||Junior engineer/Electrical, SSA, Typist/Lower Division Clerk|
|Job Location||Across Punjab|
|Job Category||Punjab Government Jobs|
PSPCL Syllabus and exam Pattern 2018
Before candidates proceed to start the preparation for PSPCL recruitment 2018, it is very important to know the PSPCL exam pattern 2018. The exam pattern for PSPCL recruitment is divided into two parts. There is different pattern for JE, Sub Station Attendant and also for the PSPCL Clerks it is different. The details can be found below:
PSPCL Clerk Exam Pattern:
The exam will be conducted online and there will be total 100 questions in the exam. Each question will carry one mark so the total marks will be 100. It will be having 5 parts in the paper of PSPCL exam 2018. The details can be found below:
|1.||Static + Current Affairs and General Knowledge||20|
|2.||Basic Computer knowledge||10|
PSPCL Syllabus and Exam Pattern
PSPCL JE, Sub Station Attendant exam Pattern
In the same way, the online exam pattern for Junior Engineer and SSA will also be of 100 marks. The majority of questions equivalent to 70 marks will be asked from the relevant branch. GK,Reasoning and English portion jointly will be of 30 marks. The exam will be mainly of two parts as below:
|1.||Questions related to relevant branch||70|
PSPCL Clerk Syllabus :
PSPCL exam related important instructions:
- Both exams that is LDC/Typist and JE, SSA will be of 100 marks each.
- The PSPCL recruitment 2018 exam will be conducted online.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25% deduction for every wrong answer.
- Questions asked will be of multiple choice type.
PSPCL Syllabus For LDC Typist Posts, JE and SSA
PSPCL Syllabus for Exam
The PSPCL Board had recently released a notification for the recruitment of 853 candidates for various posts like LDC Typist Posts, JE and SSA. Candidates who have applied for the posts and want to clear the test Punjab Govt jobs test successfully have to not only work hard for the written test but have to prepare the exam systematically. Candidates need to first download PSPCL LDC Syllabus 2018 given below in this page and then start your preparations as per the it. It is advised that candidates practise each and every topic very seriously of Punjab SPCL Lower Division Clerk Exam Syllabus 2018 because only then they can give their best performance in the written exam.
Here we have divided the PSPCL exam Syllabus according to the posts. We have made it easy for candidates to choose the syllabus as per their applicable post and start preparing.
PSPCL Lower Division Clerk Typist syllabus 2018 for Static/Current affairs
- All Major Events Happened in India and World.
- Latest Science and Technology News.
- Inventions and Discoveries.
- Financial/Business News.
- Political Happenings.
- Latest Government Schemes.
- List of Important National and International Days .
- News related to Important Dams and Rivers.
- Important Persons in news
Punjab SPCL LDC Syllabus 2018 : General Knowledge
- Current GK related to latest happenings.
- Sports related GK (e.g Number of players in each sport).
- Scientific Research.
- History Related Questions.
- National & Internation affairs.
- Geography (Indian and World).
- Indian Constitution.
- Countries & Currencies.
- States & Capitals.
- Famous Personalities.
- List of States, Capitals and Union Territories.
- Countries and Capitals.
- Art & Culture.
- Sports & Games.
LDC Typist Exam Syllabus 2018 for Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic MS Excel, Word.
- Basic Internet Use Questions
- Hardware related basic questions
- Power Point questions
- Basic Computer Softwares
- Computer Peripherals
PSPCL LDC Syllabus 2018 for Logical Reasoning
Number Series, Directions, Blood Relations, Alphabet Series, Number Ranking, Clocks & Calendars, Mirror Images, Statement Conclusion, Decision Making, Coding-Decoding, Non-Verbal Series, Analogy, Embedded Figures, Arithmetical Reasoning, Cubes and Dice.
Punjab State Power Corporation Ltd LDC/Typist Exam Syllabus 2018 for Numerical Aptitude
- Percentages, Ratio & Proportion.
- Decimals and Fractions.
- Numbers system and Number Relationship.
- Ratio and Time.
- Profit and Loss.
- Interest & Discount.
- Time and Work.
- Use of Tables and Graphs Mensuration.
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations.
- Time and Distance.
Punjab State PCL Lower Division Clerk Typist Syllabus 2018 for General English
- Antonyms, Adjectives, Para Jumbles, Idioms & Phrases.
- Synonyms, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Corrections, Word Formations.
- Cloze Test, Fill in the Blanks, Phrase Replacement, Verb
- Error Spotting/Phrase Replacement, Adverb, Missing Verbs.
- Meanings, Grammar, Sentence Rearrangement, Subject-Verb Agreement, Articles.
We hope the information provided here related to Punjab SPCL LDC Exam Syllabus 2018 and JE/SSA exam pattern is helpful for the candidates to get good score in the exam. Candidates can also visit official website of Punjab State Power Corporation Limited for the detailed PSPCL LDC Syllabus and exam pattern by going to www.pspcl.in.
Important Dates of PSPCL:
- Start Date to apply online : 21.12.2017
- Last Date to apply online : 11.01.2017
- PSPCL Exam date : Announced Later (In first/Second week of February)
- PSPCL Exam Admit Cards : Updated Soon