Oil and Natural Gas Corp abbreviated as ONGC won top honour at Swachhta Pakwada awards organised by oil ministry of India. The selection of ONGC for the awards was based on various parameters. ONGC scored higher on all these checks below:
- Maintaining basic hygiene, cleanliness at its places.
- Planted highest number of trees.
- The firm also constructed total 4,282 units of Individual Household Latrine (IHHL).
- This includes toilets in schools and communities of around 45 villages in whole country.
Apart from above mentioned activities, ONGC also took following initiatives:
- Undertook awareness campaigns on menstrual hygiene
- Created clean drinking water facilities using water ATMs and solar power
- Clean Himalaya Campaign
- Organic waste disposal.
Oil Secretary M M Kutty distributed the awards to winners on the occasion. On behalf of ONGC the award was received by ONGC Chairman and Managing Director Shashi Shanker.
It was IOC (Indian Oil Corporation) which bagged runner up prize. Along with honouring corporates, the ministry also awarded petrol pumps for maintaining cleanliness.
Swachhta Pakwada Awards
SWA or Swachhta Pakwada Awards is an initiative of started by Oil ministry of India. It honours to those related corporate, companies and individuals who do great work in cleanliness and set examples for other.