India beat Srilanka in third and last test match played at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, SriLanka. India win with a margin of one inning and by 171 runs. This is India’s first ever 3-0 series win overseas. In first two tests, India had beaten Srilanka by 304 runs in first test and beat by an inning and 53 Runs in second test played at Colombo.
In the third and final test, India performed exceptionally well in all areas. Starting from batting, both Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul gave India a solid start. They made a 188 runs partnership. Hardik Pandya Also scored a brilliant century batting in lower order. He scores 108 runs in just 96 balls where he hit eight boundaries and seven sixes.
Not only India made a record with their first ever 3-0 win overseas but, Indian players Hardik pandya and KL Rahul also broke and made many records.
Talking about Pandya, he made below records:
1. With 8 fours and seven Sixes, he equalled Virender Sehwag’s record of hitting equal number of sixes and fours against Srilanka at Brabourne in 2009. The record is currently held by Navjot Singh Sidhu, who had hit 8 sixes against Srilanka in 1994 at Lukhnow.
2. He scored 107 runs by lunch on Day 2, which is most by any Indian on any day before lunch. Earlier it was Virender Sehwag who had scored 99 runs against West Indies in Gros Islet in 2006.
3. Pandya became first Indian to score 26 runs in an over of a test match. He broke earlier record of 24 runs in an over hit by Kapil Dev off Eddie Hemmings at Lord’s in 1990 and by Sandeep Patil off Bob Willis in Manchester in 1982.
4. Pandya scored first hundred runs in just 86 balls which is second highest by an Indian Batsman overseas. Virender Sehwag is the first who scored 100 runs in just 78 against West Indies in Gros Islet in 2006.
5. Hardik’s 108 runs is the third highest score by any number eight batsman against Srilanka.
With consistent performance, KL Rahul’s also made a record. he joined the exclusive club of cricketers scoring most number of fifties consecutively in test cricket.