Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in a press conference at Gandhinagar announced to set up 16 new Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) townships in 2400 hectare area. The aim is to give boost to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
Here is what he announced under Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC):
- GIDC will attract township will attract 15,000 industrial units.
- New Garment and Apparel policy will be set up that will generate jobs and one Lakh people will get job opportunities.
- Under the policy 20,000 crore rupees will be invested.
- As per the policy, 4,000 rupees subsidy per woman worker and 3500 rupees subsidy per male worker will be provided to garment makers.
- In reply to a question raised regarding GST issues, CM said that government is working on issues and all issues will be resolved within next 3 months.