Current affairs today September 30 2017
Current affairs today September 30, 2017 Presenting current affairs today September 30 2017 updates. Aim of our current affairs section is to help you to get high marks in competitive exams you are going to attempt.
India – Norway Signed a letter of intent to improve Bilateral Cooperation
India and Norway on 28 September 2017 have signed a letter of intent to improve bilateral cooperation in the health sector under Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI). The India Norway letter of intent will be applicable for three years starting from next year(2018).
The letter was signed between Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Foreign Affairs Ministry of Norway. The cooperation will be helpful in India’s development goals mentioned in National Health Policy 2017.
- To resolve Global health issues which are common between the two countries.
- Areas to be covered will be maternal, new born, children, adolescent health and reproduction.
- It would focus on innovative, catalytic and strategic support taking the Indian
- Government Intensification Plan for Accelerated Maternal and Child Survival in India as the starting point.
India jumped 12 spots to 14th Place in HSBC’s Survey
India jumped up the worldwide rankings by 12 spots to take the fourteenth spot in best country for expats to live and work in, says a HSBC review.
Singapore is at the top of the list. HSBC’s latest ‘expat explorer survey’ was done on 27,587 expats from 159 countries and territories in March and April this year.
It was because of India’s strong ratings in the field of economy, experience and family measures that the country moved up to 12 spots to retain fourteenth place in the latest HSBC survey.
President Ram Nath Kovind Appointed Governors to Five States
President Ram Nath Kovind Today Appointed Governors for Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Assam and Meghalaya.
President Ram Nath Kovind on Saturday Appointed five new Governors for the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Tamil Nadu, Assam and Meghalaya. An announcement from the President’s office said the appointments will came into effect from the date the officeholders expect charge of the new posts.
Appointed governor’s names and respective states are:
- Former NSG commander (Black Cat Commandos)Brigadier (Dr) BD Mishra (Retd) is appointed as Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Satya Pal Malik has been given the charge as Governor of Bihar.
- Banwari Lal Purohit is appointed as Tamil Nadu Governor.
- Prof Jagdish Mukhi will take charge as Governor of Assam. He was former Governor of Andaman & Nicobar island.
- Former Chief of Naval Staff Devendra Kumar Joshi has been appointed as Governor of Andaman & Nicobar island.
BSNL and Aeris Communication Partnered to Provide Internet of Things(IOT) Services and Products
BSNL and Aeris Communication have partnered together to provide Internet of Things(IOT) services and solutions to businesses especially of small and medium sizes as well as to public sectors undertakings(PSUs).
The organization will use BSNL’s wide system of network, to give extensive, end-to-end IoT services platform for enterprises, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and service providers.
The aim of the partnership is to provide IOT advantages to businesses and PSUs for the betterment of business.