Presenting current affairs for 6 September, 2017 with major updates of today for candidates to attempt GK part successfully with speed & accuracy.
HRD ministry launched Diksha Portal to provide digital platform to teachers
HRD ministry in an effort to digitize the lives of teachers, launched an online portal named as Diksha to provide a digital platform to teachers. Diksha (diksha.gov.in) will serve as a National Digital Infrastructure for Teachers and will be equipped with latest digital technology.
Diksha Portal will enable teachers to:
- Create training content
- Create their profiles online,
- Create in-class resources
- connect with teacher community
Teachers Will be able to get news and announcement throught this initiative by HRD Ministry.
Some more benefits of Diksha are:
- It will keep record of whole work and accomplishment of teachers from start of their career as student teacher up to their retirement.
- Teacher will be able to boost their teaching skills by looking at their past work and improving it if needed.
- With the involvement of latest technology, Quality of education will also be improved.
- The platform will not only connect teachers under government institutions but private institutions and NGOs will also be able to participate in Diksha initiative.
11 MOUs Signed Between India and Myanmar
A delegation level talk between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Myanmar State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi happened on 6th September. Total 11 agreements were signed between the India and Myanmar after the talk. The agreements were signed the areas like maritime security cooperation to give strength to partnerships and relations between the two countries.
Below are the main Highlights related to agreements:
- Election Commission of India and Union Election of Myanmar both signed an MOU to cooperate with each other in a better way.
- Press council of India and Myanmar Press council also Signed MOU to cooporate with each other.
- An agreement was signed between India and Myanmar for a period of 2017 to 2020 for cultural programmes exchange.
- Both delegates signed two MOUs to establish two departments which are:
a). India-Myanmar Center for Enhancement of IT Skill
b). Myanmar Institute of Information Technology(MIIT)
- Health was also a topic of discussion between the two and two MOUs were signed between the two, one for regulation of medical products and other was related to the health and medicine field.
- In another MOU signed both agreed to cooperate to upgrade Women police training center at Yamethin, Myanmar.
- Two sides also signed an agreement to share information of white shipping to improve data sharing on unclassified Ships of Merchant Navy or cargo ships.
- Maritime Security cooperation MOU was also signed.
- Both sides signed a technical agreement to provide coastal Surveillance Systems.
Myanmar is an important neighbouring country of India. Both India and Myanmar have good relations with each other. India shares a border line of 1640 Kms with Myanmar.
Obama’s Amnesty Programme Revoked by Trump, 7000 Indians in America to be affected
US president Donald Trump revoked amnesty programme which was introduced by former US president Barack Obama when Obama was president of US. This move will affect more than 800,000 workers who are working in USA illegally without documents. The number of Indians in 800,000 workers are 7000 that will be affected by this new decision of Trump.
About Amnesty Programme
Amnesty Programme was launched by earlier US president Mr. Barack Obama. Under this programme US grants permits to immigrants who arrive USA illegally as children.
NITI Aayog Launches National Nutrition Strategy
With an aim to make Kuposhan Mukt Bharat, NITI Aayog the think tank of India launched National Nutrition Strategy. It is an effort to add nutrition a National Development Agenda and a roadmap to addres nutrition need of India.
National Nutrition Strategy will focus on four areas of nutrition that are:
- Health services
- Drinking water & sanitation
- Income & livelihoods
Why it is required?
In India almost 20% of the children under the age of five years are suffering from wasting due to acute under-nutrition. Taking nutrition into the mainstream through National Nutrition Strategy will help country to fight with the problem.
NR Narayana Murthy Conferred with PLus Alliance Prize 2017
Co founder of Infosys N R Narayana Murthy conferred with PLus Alliance Prize 2017. It is a prestigious honour which is given to people for their great work in the field of Research Innovation, Education Innovation, Global Leadership and Global Innovation. NR Narayana Murthy was given this award for Global Leadership.
Along with Murthy, Mumbai-born scientist Veena Sahajwalla have also been conferred with PLuS Alliance Prize for Research Innovation for her project ‘The new science of green manufacturing’.
The Prize of USD 50,000 was given to both and awards were presented to both by Professor Sir Malcolm Grant, Chairman of NHS England and Chair of the PLuS Alliance Advisory Board at the ceremony at London’s World Academic Summit.