Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana was launched by Bihar CM Nitish Kumar yesterday. The Yojana is aimed at empowering women of the state by providing them financial assistance right from their birth. The state government will spend Rs. 7221 per year for the successful implementation of the girl empowerment scheme in Bihar. Here are some major points related to the Yojana.
The Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana will basically cover three areas:
- Social welfare
The government will provide a Rs. 54,100 to a girl. The amount will not be given at onece. It will be given in instalments starting from the birth to till the girl gets graduate. The more details of Bihar Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana are as under:
1. When a girl will be born, the state government will give Rs.2000 to her family. This amount will help family to take care of initial expenses of the girl.
2. Then the second amount will be given to girl when her Aadhaar card will be prepared. Then another sum of Rs 2000 will be given to girl if the whole range of immunisation is completed within two years of a girl’s birth.
3. Now when the girl is ready to go to the school and gets admission in the first class. Government will give her a sum of Rs. 600 to buy schools uniform. Then from onward, she will be given amount (increased as per age and class) to buy uniforms as under.
i) For class three to five : Rs.700 for uniform purchase
ii) For class 6th to 8th standard : Rs 1000
iii) For Classes from 9th to 12th standard : Rs. 1500
4. Most of girl children in the Bihar state only study up to twelfth standard. But government also has covered this issue in the Mukhyamantri Kanya Utthan Yojana bihar. To encourage girl child to pursue her graduation, Rs 10,000 will be given after girl completes her Intermediate. But there is a condition involved here that only unmarried girl will be given this amount.
5. Then finally after the girl completes her graduation, she will be given Rs 25,000 (Married and unmarried girls).