BWF Para-Badminton World Championships are going on and India has been performing great as Indian players have clinched 10 medals including two gold medals. First gold medal was won by India’s Parul Parmar who defeated Thailand’s Wannaphatdee Kamtam 21-8 21-17 in the finals of the women’s singles Standing Lower (SL3).
It was Parmar once again who won the gold medal with Japan’s Akiko Sugino in women’s doubles (SL 3-4) as they beat Chinese pair of Cheng Hefang and MA Huihui 21-16 21-19 in the summit clash.
Tarun Dhillon and Manoj Sarkar were defeated in finals of men’s singles (SL 4) and (SL 3) respectively and won silver medals for India. Below is the list of Full Medals won by Indians at BWF Para-Badminton World Championships:
- Gold: Parul Parmar (WS SL 3)
- Gold: Parul Parmar with Japan’s Akiko Sugino (WD SL 3-4)
- Silver: Tarun Dhillon (MS SL 4)
- Silver: Manoj Sarkar (MS SL 3)
- Bronze: Raj Kumar/Rakesh Pandey (MD SU 5)
- Bronze: Raja Magotra/Ruhi Satish Shingade (XD SS 6)
- Bronze: Umesh Vikram Kumar with Thailand’s Chawarat K (MD SL 3-4)
- Bronze: Raja Magotra/ Mark Joseph Dharmai (MD SS 6)
- Bronze: Manasi Joshi (WS SL 3)
- Bronze: Pramod Bhagat (MS SL 3)